Paris Walking Tour: World War II
This 2-hour World War II Walk will take you back to Paris' darkest hours - the Nazi occupation. Explore subjects such as the invasion of France, the Resistance, life in Paris during the occupation, the D-Day invasion and of course the Liberation itself. Also included are visits to specific Paris sites related to this historical time period.
Highlights of this walk include:
- Hotel Meurice, the hotel that housed the Nazi headquarters during the occupation that still has a bullet hole in the door crest.
- Prefecture de Police - current-day Police headquarters and site of the initial uprising against the occupation.
- Deportation Memorial, in memory of the over 200,000 individuals sent to concentration camps across Europe.
- The Resistance, their leaders, secret communications, sabotage and their fate if caught.
- Parisian Life During the Occupation, what changed, their stories and a time in life spent looking over their shoulders.
- Charles de Gaulle, leader of the Free French and future President of the Republic.
- The Liberation, fighting raged throughout the city until the surrender on August 25, 1944.
- Germany's Conquest of France and the blitzkrieg that overwhelmed France's defenses.
- Vichy France, the name given to the French government led by General Petain that collaborated with the Nazis.
Fat Tire Bike Tours - Paris
Price - Starting from $16.19 per person
Back to Paris France Tours
Prices, Availablity and Booking info for this tour.
Back to Eco Friendly Tours