Paris Walking Tour - Montmartre
Begin your Paris Walking Tour of Montmartre just across the street from the most famous cabaret in the world - the Moulin Rouge. Then wander the cobblestone streets as you slowly ascend from the bohemian streets to the highest point in Paris, which offers breathtaking views in all directions.
Historically, this is the beat of Paris' great revolutionaries (including the Paris Commune and "Ladies of Montmartre") and artists. Your Montmartre stroll begins with Sacre-Coeur and the artist's square, Place du Tertre.
Then move to the picturesque North Slope, where Van Gogh lived and painted. Take a winding route through the streets and lanes where beautiful studios and luxury lofts are home to the many artists and musicians who live and work in Montmartre today.
Tour highlights include:
- Sacre Coeur Basilica - this white basilica dominates the Parisian skyline.
- Moulin Rouge - famed cabaret immortalized by the works by Toulouse-Lautrec among others.
- Vincent Van Gogh's House - the artist lived here with his brother Theo from 1886 - 1888.
- Place du Tertre - charming artists square where works are painted and sold on the spot.
- Dali Museum - home to over 300 of his original works.
- The Montmartre Vineyards - an authentic Parisian vineyard and source of the famed Le Clos Montmartre.
- Montmartre Cemetery - final resting place of Dalida, Edgar Degas, Adolf Sax, Emile Zola and Jacques Offenbach, among others.
- Le Lapin Agile - famous haunt of the resident artists of Montmartre in the early 1900's.
- Famous Windmills of Montmartre - three original windmills remain today.
- Bateaux Lavoir - the resident listing reads like a "who's who" of famous artists who have passed through Paris.
Fat Tire Bike Tours - Paris
Price - Starting from $16.19 per person
Back to Paris France Tours
Prices, Availablity and Booking info for this tour.
Back to Eco Friendly Tours